Thursday, May 11, 2006

Posh, Sexy, Sporty

So I already posted about the SUV of sportswatches, and while that's pretty cool, what I really covet is this: Oregon Scientific's MP3 player.

I've always thought they should make an iPod sport edition. Forget the nano; what I want is an iPod that can withstand rain, heat, cold, sharp jolts... basically, my typical outdoor run. Apple apparently decided that instead of investing in that, it would just made expensive accessories. Not good enough.

That's why the Oregon Scientific MP3 player is so great. The entire thing is made to be waterproof. And it has FM radio. And it has a pedometer. And, and... I'm in love.

It only comes in 512k and 1G sizes, but it's relatively cheap at around $170 (especially when you consider that the iPod waterproof case comes in at about $140).

This is one thing I'm actually getting. Someday. Probably about six weeks before they intorduce the Oregon Scientific mini.